God wants to give you the best. Not the easiest or most luxurious but the best—as He defines it. Remember, His will is “good, pleasing, and perfect.”
But most Christians don’t experience God’s best. Why?
One reason is because of lies: Lies about the meaning of life and about God’s purposes for us. Lies keep us conformed to the ways of the world. Looking at life the way the world does blocks us from knowing God and understanding His instructions. We miss out on the wonderful things God wants to give us.
Where do the lies come from?
- We have a spiritual enemy who is opposed to God’s purposes in our lives.
- We live in a fallen world that distorts God’s purposes.
- We each have a long history with our old, sinful nature.
These three forces combine to keep us stuck in old patterns. This is why the Apostle Paul tells us not to be conformed to the pattern of the world but to let ourselves be transformed—by renewing our minds.
We have to:
- Stop feeding ourselves worldly thoughts, and
- Fill our minds instead with the ways of God.
We need a true spiritual diet rooted in complete trust in His love for us. Only then do our lives begin to change. And only then can we experience His good, pleasing, and perfect will, and true spirituality.
And that’s the memo.
By Chip Ingram